The Ambasamudram Namadwaar is located in the centre of the town of Ambasamudram. It was started on 22nd June, 2008, this serves as a unique spiritual powerhouse for all of Ambasamudram and surrounding places of Viravanallur, Cheranmahadevi, Kalsundu Colony, VK Puram, Ravanasamudram, Alwarkurichi etc.
Mahamantra Kirtan happens for 6 hours every day. ‘Prabodhanam’ (waking up the Lord), ‘Dolotsav’ (singing the Lord to sleep) and ‘Harathi take place every day.
A Nagara Sankirtan is performed around the Namadwaar on all Sundays of the month.
The Namadwaar is open for the public every day in the following timings:
Morning: 8.00 am to 11.00 am
Evening: 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
During these hours, continuous Mahamantra Kirtan happens in the Namadwaar.
During special celebrations / festivals, the Namadwaar is open for a longer duration. Timings on such days will be posted on the website as well as the local notice boards.
Mr. Ramanan is the facilitator of the Ambasamudram Namadwaar.
He can be contacted at: +91 94421 62960
The Ambasamudram Namadwaar is located at:
18/39, Ammaiyappar Sannidhi Street,
Tamil Nadu, India.
Ambasamudram is located in the Tirunelveli district of Tamil Nadu, about 35 km west of the Tirunelveli City.River Tamraparani, originating from the Western Ghats flows through the outskirts of this city. Madurai and Tiruvananthapuram airports are the next closest.
The closest airport is the Tuticorin airport (TCR), located at Vaagaikulam, Thoothukkudi district, about 22 km east of Tirunelveli. Connections to Chennai are via Kingfisher Red, once a day. The Madurai Airport and Thiruvananthapuram International Airport are about 150 km away.
Ambasamudram Railway Station is on the Kollam-Tirunelveli railway line. It is served by the Southern Railways. (This is presently closed for gauge-conversion)
To the north-west of Ambasamudram is Tenkasi Junction Railway Station, the nearest railhead. Going south-east, Tirunelveli Junction Railway Station is the main railhead next to Ambasamudram.
Ambasamudram is on the highway connecting Tenkasi and Tirunelveli in Tamil Nadu. It is around 35 kms west of Tirunelveli and about 35 km south-east of Tenkasi by road.
Feed the Poor
‘Annadhaanam’ (feeding the masses) happens on all Ekadasi days and special occasions.
Poor school students are given dresses, notebooks and pencils etc. periodically.
On Every Ekadasi day and other special events, Akhanda Nama is being conducted at the Namadwaar between 6.00 am in the morning to 6.00 pm in the evening. Sometimes, it happens round the clock. The details about such occasions will be provided on the website.
Weekly Nagara Sankirtan:
- School Mass Prayers around Ambasamudram/Kadayanallur/Kadayam/Pulliyangudi:
- School Mass Prayers and Satsangs around Ambasamudram:
- Gokulashtmi celebrations at Periyakulam, Ambasamudram and Trichy Namadwaars
- Nagarasankirtan at Mukkudal, Tirunelveli district
- Akhandanama at Sri Krishnan Koil, Ambasamudram
- Satsangs in and around Ambasamudram, Tamil Nadu
- Sri Sri Swamiji's Jayanthi celebrations 2009 - Ambasamudram, Tamilnadu
- Satsang at Ambasamudram Namadwaar
- 1st Anniversary celebrations of Ambai Namadwaar
- Satsang in and around Ambasamudram, Tirunelveli district
- Satsang in and around Ambasamudram, Tirunelveli District
- Inauguration of Ambasamudram Nama Dwaar